Relieve 200 pounds of pressure on your teeth!
Grinding your teeth is like putting 200 lbs. of pressure on them. As much as 50-95% of the population bruxes. And the results of bruxism can be serious: discomfort, soreness, tooth fractures, even tooth loss. The Doctor's NightGuard is a simple, affordable solution for protecting your teeth and jaw from the detrimental effects of nighttime teeth grinding. It consists of a mouldable plastic mouth guard that comfortably fits over your upper teeth and features a patented 2 layer design: a soft upper layer to cushion and absorb and a firm lower layer to prevent grinding and bite through--less bulky, more flexible, more secure
The guard was developed by a leading dentist using specially formulated dental impression material. This material is easily and precisely moulded to your teeth using boiling water. Because you fit The Doctor's NightGuard at home, it is much less expensive than a dentist-made orthosis. The entire fitting process takes less than 5 minutes, and the dental protector comes with a complete, illustrated guide to help you through it. It provides instant overnight relief from the pain of grinding your teeth can prevent long-term damage to your teeth and jaw provides a customized fit, so it's comfortable to wear all night long is safe for teeth and gums does not impede breathing is non-toxic costs hundreds of dollars less than a guard prescribed by a dentist How do I know if I need The Doctor's Nightguard?
- Recommended for moderate teeth grinding
- Deeper channels for a secure fit
- A harder, smooth base for serious protection
- Patented 2 layer design
- Less bulky than traditional mouldable guards
- Great for smaller mouths and day time grinders
How To Use
Prep, Heat and Fit.
Watch the instructional
video for step by step
3-Step Quick Fit Method
Step 1: Prep
What you need:A microwave: Standard (non-convectional) to heat the water
A microwave-safe coffee mug
A clock or timer
A slotted spoon: for placing and removing the NightGuard® from the hot water
A non-metallic object: such as a small wooden spoon, chopstick, or popsicle stick to prevent the water from over-heating.
A small plate: on which to let the dental protector cool on before fitting
A mirror: to aid in the fitting process
Step 2: Heat
- A microwave:Standard (non-convectional) to heat the water
- Fill coffee mug half full with tap water.
- Place a non-metallic object such as a small wooden spoon, chopstick, or popsicle stick in the water.
- Microwave the water for 3 minutes. Let stand for 30 seconds. Remove the mug from microwave.
- A slotted spoon: for placing and removing the NightGuard® from the hot water
- Using a slotted spoon to keep hands away from hot water, immediately place your NightGuard® face down (grooved side down) in the hot water for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, use the slotted spoon to remove your NightGuard® from the hot water. Place it on a plate, sticky channel side up. Let cool ten seconds and proceed with fitting.
Step 3: Fit1. Bite Down Firmly:
Using a mirror as a guide, center the NightGuard® in your mouth. Make sure your front teeth are slightly behind the front edge and bite down firmly. Sink your teeth as far into the soft material as possible. Try not to let the biting process push it forward.
2. mould the outside:
With your teeth clenched, use your thumbs to firmly press the soft material sideways into and against the outside of your teeth all the way around your mouth. Pushing the material sideways into your teeth and not up and into the gums is important for a correct fit.
3. mould the inside:
Open your mouth and use your thumbs to firmly press the soft material sideways into and against the inside of your teeth all the way around your mouth. After the material has been pressed into the sides of the teeth, continue biting down firmly for at least 30 seconds.
You will know that you have successfully completed the fitting process if the NightGuard® stays on your upper teeth when your mouth is open.
If the length of the dental protector extends beyond your back molars, the dental protector can be shortened by using sharp scissors or a sharp knife.
If you do not achieve a fit that stays locked in place, the product should be fit again. To fit the product again:
- Using a microwave or stove top, heat just the water as was initially done in the fitting process. Place the dental protector into the hot water for around 20 seconds, or until you can mould the soft material
- Wait until it has cooled slightly and mould the plastic back to resemble the original product. The product can be placed back into the hot water for around 20 seconds, or until you can mould the soft material.
- Let the NightGuard® cool to room temperature, and then repeat the fitting instructions