Before embarking on whitening your teeth using bleaching agents, have you tried natural ways to improve your smile?
The key to whiter teeth is good oral hygiene. Whilst some people have genetics on their side and have naturally whiter teeth than others it is still possible to improve your smile the natural way.
This information is also important in maintaining your white teeth after any professional or home whitening treatments.
Most people have teeth whitening done to remove the stains of everyday eating and lifestyle. There are ways to stop your teeth from becoming stained and certain foods and habits to avoid. These extrinsic (external on the surface of teeth) stains can be removed by a good clean by your oral hygienist.
- It goes without saying that nicotine is an agent that stains teeth, so stopping smoking is one clear way to improve the look of your teeth.
- Herbal and black teas also stain teeth
- Coffee stains teeth so cut down on the amount you drink and brush your teeth afterwards
- Red wine is another culprit that stains teeth
- Spicy foods, such as curries often contain strong colourings that can cause staining of the teeth.
Maintaining good oral hygiene and preventing stains
- Brush your teeth morning, night and after eating – for at least two minutes using a fluoride toothpaste.
- Drink water throughout the day – this will keep your mouth clean and is better for you than tea or coffee!
- If your dentist advises it – chewing sugar free gum can also help maintain good oral hygiene
- Floss daily – in between your teeth – keeping this area plaque free will avoid creeping stains and gum disease
- Have your teeth regularly cleaned at your dentist – a professional scale and polish can remove many every day extrinsic stains.
© Copyright Whiter Smile : Australia’s Largest Teeth Whitening Superstore! Stocking a huge range of the best tooth whitening kits, teeth bleaching gel, bad breath, and oral care health products on the planet. Best Price Guarantee!